Personal Injury & Negligence Claims
When Accidents Happen
Personal injury law seeks justice for an injured person, when injury or death is caused by the fault of another. The law attempts to put the injured party in the position they would have been in if the accident had not happened, by paying the wronged person, money damages. Justice and fairness require that the wrongdoer should pay for the damages, rather than the person who is injured.
Damages that are typically paid to an injured person are:
- Medical Bills
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
- Disability or Loss of Normal Life
Personal injury law not only compensates the injured person, but also makes society a safer place for everyone, by making the wrongdoer take responsibility and pay for their negligent actions.
While insurance companies typically insure businesses and people for negligence, the costs of lawsuits and paying damages encourages insurance companies, businesses, law makers, manufacturers and even individuals to be more careful and to think of new innovations and ways to make society safer and avoid accidents. Ultimately, avoiding accidents saves the economy billions of dollars in lost wages and medical bills.
Our attorneys have significant trial and litigation experience, and possess the skills and resources to handle even the most complex personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Berg & Berg has successfully represented clients in claims alleging many types of negligence, including:
- Auto Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Train and Railroad Accidents
- Airplane Crashes
- Vehicle and Child Restraint Injuries
- Children’s and Juvenile Products
- Professional Negligence: Medical Malpractice, Legal Malpractice, Dental Malpractice
- Construction Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Elevator & Escalator accidents
- Injuries from Defective Products (product liability)
- Dog Bites and Injuries caused by Pets or Animals
- Fires, Fireworks or Explosions
- Food Poisoning
- Bars and Restaurants
- Dram Shop (injuries caused by the intoxication of a person overserved alcohol by a bar or restaurant)